Hosting Groups of Volunteers
Do you have a community garden which could do with a spruce up? A room in need of a lick of paint? If so then hosting a group of Volunteers for a one off volunteer event might be for you.
Volunteering Hounslow can support you to find a small or large group of volunteers who can help out with all sorts of tasks and activities. Often these will be employer supported volunteers who would like to give back to the community, and may have specialist skills.
What are the Benefits?
Group volunteering can be a great way of developing new partnerships with local businesses who often have skills and experience they can share with you. Groups of volunteers can complete large tasks in a short period of time and are often suited to doing one off activities that aren’t necessarily suitable for a regular volunteer. You can set them a specific challenge for the day and see the difference they make!
Here are a few ideas of activities which groups of volunteers could do to benefit your organisation...
- Painting and decorating
- Employment skills workshops
- Social events and activities
How does it work?
- Upload your group volunteering opportunity to our online database, Volunteer Connect, ensuring you tick 'for groups' (visit the FAQs section of our website for information on how to register and advertise opportunities). We will contact you to find out more.
- Your opportunity will be added to the list of opportunities on the group/employer volunteering page of our website and promoted to companies interested in group volunteering.
- If a group of volunteers are interested in volunteering with you we will contact you to confirm that you are still able to host them and to give you more details.
- If you confirm that you’d like to host the volunteers we will put you in touch with the employer/group so that you can make further arrangements.
- We will be on hand for advice and guidance while you make arrangements with the group.
- Once you have arranged your volunteering event please let us know as we can tell everyone about it on social media and promote your organisation.
If you still have questions about group volunteering please see our group volunteering FAQs or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 365 9930.